Our Infant Phase
Our Infant curriculum meets all statutory requirements of the National Curriculum. It includes the following subjects:
The four core subjects
- English is taught through a daily literacy hour. We also link key English skills to other subjects.
- Maths is taught through a daily mathematics lesson that includes a focused session of mental arithmetic. Key maths skills are used in other subjects.
- Science is taught through an investigative approach.
- ICT is taught across the curriculum. Pupils also go to the ICT suite at least once a week.
The foundation subjects
- History and Geography.
- Art and Design Technology
- Physical Education
Pupils also follow the Havering locally agreed syllabus for Religious Education.
We also have a planned programme of study for PSHE (Personal, social and health education).