At Hacton Primary School our key aim in providing RSE is to teach the fundamental building blocks and characteristics of positive relationships, with particular reference to friendships, family relationships, relationships with other children and with adults. The RSE programme is based on the needs of the children in the school with learning outcomes appropriate to pupils’ age, ability and level of maturity. All lessons are taught using simple, child-friendly language, resources and pictures. The curriculum is firmly embedded within the broader PSHE, Citizenship, and Science curricula.
The key objectives of our RSE programme are:
- To develop knowledge and understanding of positive and healthy relationships making pupils aware of their rights especially in relation to their bodies.
- To enable the development of social and relationship skills and protective behaviours prepare children for the physical and emotional changes of puberty.
- To develop positive emotional and mental wellbeing while building resilience and robustness.
- To understand reproduction and birth within the context of loving and caring relationships.
- To ensure children know how and where to access appropriate support.
For further information, you can read our RSE policy here